Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He will carry you

So yesterday was quite possibly the scariest day of my life thus far. I drove all the way back to Fort Wayne from Kernersville, and the first two hours were amazing-sunny, warm, just beautiful weather all around.
Then I hit rain through VA, WV, and most of OH. We're talking torrential downpour material here-with windshield wipers that need replaced, my visibility was pretty bad.
I talked to Connie around 2pm, and she told me to expect some pretty bad snowy and icy conditions closer to FW, so, realizing I hadn't brought ANY winter clothing with me besides the pathetic jacket on my back, I made an emergency stop at a Wal-Mart for some gloves, a scarf, and some decent socks. The cashier thought it was pretty funny...
While on a back road in the middle of farm country Ohio, I caught up with the snow. It just kept getting worse and worse until I finally had to just roll down my window, stick my head out, and attempt to see where I was going. There was one point where I literally could not see anything but white-it was like being in a snowglobe. After a few moments of going, "Ok, I'm NOT going to die. This is NOT the end of the world. It's just snow-I can make it!" I remembered a verse Connie and I had read together about a week ago:

"And in the desert you saw how the Lord your God carried you, like one carries a child. And he has brought you safely all the way to this place." ~Deut. 1:31 NCV

I wasn't exactly in a desert desert...more of a snowy desert...but that comforted me and reminded me: God has brought me safely all the way here-why would He abandon me now?

There is no need to fear anything of this world with Him to carry us through it. He will carry you through all the ups and downs of life, both big and small-He cares about every detail of your life. He planned it all out, afterall! :) After my little adventure in the blizzard, my mix cd played one of my favorite Mark Schultz songs, "He Will Carry Me." Let the words encourage you today! :)

I call, You hear me
I've lost it all
And it's more than I can bear
I feel so empty

You're strong
I'm weary
I'm holdin' on
But I feel like givin' in
But still You're with me

[chorus:]
And even though I'm walkin' through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will
Ever need
And He will carry me

I know I'm broken
But You alone
Can mend this heart of mine
You're always with me

[chorus]

And even though I feel so lonely
Like I've never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said you'd see me through
The storm

[chorus]

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bee!!!! That is SOOO scary!!! *Hugs* So glad you are alive! <3 <3 :-)
    And that verse is beautiful! Thanks for sharing that!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds intense!! Glad God got you through it!
    That Mark Schultz song is one of my favorites to listen to when I'm sad or depressed!! :)

    ReplyDelete