Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Little steps

Yesterday was sort of a major milestone in Operation: Go to Indiana. I finally had a chance to talk to my boss at Panera about getting transferred to the Panera near where Connie and I will be living in Fort Wayne. To be honest, it wouldn't matter to me even if I arrived in Fort Wayne with no employment and had to do an intense job search the first week back there. But God knows my needs, and He answered my prayers for waiting employment! :)
My boss was very understanding and enthusiastic about my plans for going to Fort Wayne, and said she would try to get the ball rolling to get me transferred by the time I get there. She called me within minutes of me getting home after work yesterday afternoon to say that I've been basically guaranteed a job at the Panera I was hoping to work at, AND she's submitted me for a (small) raise! How cool is that?! I had goosebumps on my arms when I got off the phone with her. :)

I got off work extra early today because business was down (yay me!), so Mom and I were able to go to Greensboro to pick up my laptop and run a few other errands. After a quick lunch at home and trying to figure out the password for our wireless internet, I headed to Connie's house to help decorate (and eat) some yummy Christmas cookies. I had a great time with Kevan, Connie and Mrs. Chandler-they're one amazing family. :)
I spent an hour this evening trying to hack into our network...my Dad has about a million different passwords for everything we use, and Mom and I don't know all of them. Since Dad has to work late tonight and can't help us, we were on our own. After failing miserably by myself, Mom remembered and tried a new password, and voila-it worked! :D Dad will be so proud of his hacker wife when he finds out. ;)

I am so glad God provided this laptop for me. <3

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! This was written on your new laptop??? How very exciting!!
    And praise the Lord about your transfer job AND raise!! Wow! He is sooo good!! :OD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A laptop! A laptop! Squee!

    Oh mah gosh, that is SO amazing about being transferred!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about your job and your laptop! :-) I'll be praying for everything to go well when you move! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! What kind of a laptop did you get? :)
    Wow!! That is so cool and amazing about your easy transfer and raise!! :D That is so cool that you will be able to have a guaranteed job down there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie, it's a Toshiba Satellite...something or other. ;) I don't remember the specifics, but I found it on sale for much less than I'd been expecting to spend (I can send you a link to the website page for it if you'd like, since I know you're wanting to buy one). I really like it! :D

    ReplyDelete