Friday, December 3, 2010

Fun in the Northern Country


So right now I am in Indiana, and it is COLD! I've been here with Connie helping out at I-house since Saturday. It snowed on Wednesday, and we both freaked! :) We were so excited to see snow so early in the year, and all the native folks here think we're just a little crazy. But do we care? ;)

Anyways, I'll be home again soon (too soon, if you ask me. I'm really loving it here, even though I miss my family!!). But here are some pictures for you to enjoy in the mean time.

This is my little buddy! His family is Burmese, and they stay in the house Connie and I are in while they try to find other, more permanent housing. They are still learning English, so it's an adventure living with them. ;) They are SO sweet, and I wish all of you could meet them! I'll try to get some pictures of the rest of the family to share later, but so far my little buddy has been the only one to make it into my camera. :)

Muan Sang (sounds like Moy Sun) and I. Isn't he cute?

I love his smile!

He loves to clap, especially to Burmese worship music! :)

Connie crochets this blanket....

While I knit this one

And our dusting of snow!
Connie and I enjoyed it so much, and are very happy that there is a lot of snow in the forecast for the next few days! :D

Connie's artwork in the snow on the pavement. I love it! :D



4 comments:

  1. Nice seeing photos of you in Indiana!
    We have been praying for you!
    What a cute little guy!!
    The yarn you are using for the blanket looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay! Photos! Oh, gosh, girl, I MISS you! But I'm so glad you're enjoying Indiana! :D *hugs*

    Awwwww, he is ADORABLE! :D Yay for working on blankets!! :D

    And I'm glad you, who appreciates it, is the one getting snow and not us! :P

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah,

    I love you and I miss you! I can't wait until you come home!!!

    Great pics! :)

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see pictures of you in Indiana! I'm glad you're having such a great time! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete