Friday, October 5, 2007

Show and Tell Friday...

I've decided to participate in Mrs. Kelli's Show and Tell Friday! I was folding and putting away all our linens (which is a LOT when you are in a family this large...) yesterday, and found two pillowcases that my great grandma embroidered several years ago, and gave to my Mom. :) They are so pretty...I just had to show them off! :) She did a wonderful job working on them, and I know it must have taken her a long while to do them! Here are a few pictures of them...





This is the end with the embroidery...praying hands with pink flowers. :)

Closer up of the hands...




Have fun looking, and be sure to check out everyone else's show and tell items! :)

12 comments:

  1. Your pillowcases are Very Beautiful! What a great treasure. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want these!! I love them!!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pillowcases made even more special because of who made them! Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your pillowcases are just lovely! Wonderful treasures!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous work.. I love the praying hands!!
    Mica

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! And it's so nice to have something handed down that was made by loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A special treasure, indeed! The pillowcases are beautiful and made more special because of who did te lovely work on them. I'm sure your family enjoys using them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thanks for sharing these, they are very beautiful!

    How awesome that your family (through the generations) knows God and shows it!

    be blessed
    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! They are so pretty and it is just extra special knowing that your great grandmother made them! What a treasure! I have always loved pictures of Jesus' hands praying, so comforting!

    Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are just soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete