Saturday, October 20, 2007

A ring and a dryer

Thursday, Daddy decided to clean out our dryer. Or, rather, Mama put her foot down and said, "No more laundry gets done until the dryer gets cleaned." lol It's been years since the back of the dryer has been cleaned of dust and lint, and we were both getting a bit worried about a fire starting because of it. I wish I would've taken a picture of how dirty the back of it was before Dad started vacuuming it! The wires and hoses and everything were covered in several layers of filthy dust and lint. :/

In the midst of cleaning it out, however, he found quite a few things. One, the only one, that mattered most to me was.....he found my ring!!!! :D My beautiful purple butterfly ring! It had been lost for several months, after Sarah had done my laundry for me (I'd been cleaning and put it in my pocket, and apparently she doesn't check pockets when she does laundry....you really ought to...you can find all sorts of cool things in pockets, namely money. *grin*), and I thought I'd never see it again. Well, Dad found it in the back of the dryer! Somehow it got stuck back there....and one side of it kind of melted together from the heat, but it still looks pretty. :)

Here's a picture of it :)





Last night I finally organized all our fabrics and sewing things....and I'm making progress on several projects. :) I had planned on doing it in the afternoon after we got home from running errands, but this is what I spent about 2 1/2 hours doing while we watched a movie:




Lounging on the couch while Micah slept in my arms. He kept waking up when Mom would lay him in his bed, so I just let him sleep in my arms. :) For some reason he buried his face under my arm...lol






This afternoon I went outside with Karah for awhile...here are some of the pictures we took (of course we took pictures! ;)):

Dad and the boys have begun to build a fort! :) We girls have demanded that their next project be a fort for we girls, as the one they're working on now is strictly "boys only!"

Karah took this one...
And this one...
Karah loves to sit on Daddy's car! :D
And hug trees...

Mom made bagels again! :D They are yummy!



5 comments:

  1. Oooo bagels? Can we have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'll send the recipe along with my letter (which is being sent Monday morning! I couldn't print my part of our story until this afternoon, and by then it was already too late to send it...). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's okay...I forgive you. *sniff* lol.
    Love your ring. Me wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But then you should see Krista's earrings that I borrow all the time...I'll have to take a picture today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karah's soooooo cute!
    Love that ring Hannah!
    Nice fort V. boys!!!
    Those bagels look so good.
    (I LOVE BAGELS!)

    ReplyDelete