Saturday, September 8, 2007

My skirt!!!

It's finally finished! :D We bought the zipper I needed yesterday while we were out, and I finished it rather quickly in the afternoon. I was actually able to wear it to my friend's volleyball game, and I'm planning on wearing it to church on Sunday as well. :) Now that I'm finished, I really want to make another one of the same pattern,with some of our other material....


It just reaches my ankles...it's so comfortable, and is really easy to walk in...I'm not constantly tripping over it, or being held back because there's not enough room to take long steps. :) In the pattern (it's one that someone gave us...and apparently it's so old that Simplicity doesn't have it on their site anymore, because I tried to find it to link to it, but couldn't), there was a slit all up the left side, but I just sewed the whole thing closed....
I kind of forgot to use thread that would blend in, instead of stand out, so I just sewed some white ribbon along the hemline of it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! :) It's so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...it's now my favorite skirt! lol :)

    ReplyDelete