Saturday, May 19, 2007

My most recent finished project.....

Is another birthday present. :) My penpal Sarah has a birthday this coming week, and since she doesn't get on the internet, I'm allowed to post pictures of her presents before she actually gets them. :D This morning I finished this hair kerchief, that I designed myself. :) I'll try to type up the pattern (which is really simple) later and post it this afternoon, along with my finished poem. :D I'm not sure if I really like my poem or not.....I mean, I do, but I don't think it's really good....unless you consider it is my first attempt to write a poem. ;) Anyways, here are the pictures of the kerchief...I also made a smaller version for Karah, but I don't have a picture of her wearing it (literally, they both only took me about 3 hours to make, so they are very easy! The smaller version is a little more complicated, but it's still very easy)....


A view from the front....Mommy gets the credit for the pictures of me wearing it. :)
And a side view...it's made in the Navy Cotton yarn that I used for Abi's present...I love working with that yarn! :D
A view of the main piece......this is the basic idea of the pattern...I couldn't get out camera to get a really good picture of the pattern and the color.....

Held up to the light so you can see the pattern a bit better... :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. HannahBeth, my knitting teacher would LOVE you! lol! She loves it when we girls invent our own patterns or add a little something to a pattern. For instance she was so thrilled that I made the decision to add a detail to the bottom of my sweater, and then another detail in the middle. :D Those kerchiefs look awesome! I've made a kerchief before...just plain knitting and purling, but it turned out to big the first time, then the second time too small, then the third time I dropped a stitch without knowing (yes, I was watching a movie at the time.) and it caused a big hole/tangle, so I got fed up and tore it out and didn't make it again. lol.

    ReplyDelete