Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Skirts!!

Today I have been working on the skirts I mentioned earlier today. It was a challenge, a bit frustrating at times, but lots of fun! :) My seam ripper got quite a bit of use..... Judah and Karah thought it was very interesting to watch me rip several yards of seams. *sighs and smiles* My fingers are a bit sore from being poked by the pins and seam ripper, but I'm getting better at using them without hurting myself. :) I was able to complete Karah's skirt and made a matching shirt out of the extra material. :) Tomorrow I'll finish the rest of the skirts......hopefully! Lol On to the pictures:



Cutting the material.......................................................


Sarah was the photographer for all of these pictures......she loves taking pics of me without my knowing it. *rolls eyes and smiles*



Oh, hehe, now that I think about it, this was actually yesterday.....I cut all of the material yesterday, and pinned, sewed and all that today. :) My shirt reminded me....lol



Still cutting....................................



And cutting...................................



And done! :)




Okay, the pictures must have gotten mixed up! lol


My "favorite" part; pinning!




Moriah's shirt did NOT match the skirt too well, but she was only modeling for me so...lol She was terrified that I would poke her, but so far I've only managed to poke myself. :)



And finally sewing them together!! :) I'm working on Karah's in these pictures...hers is the only one I've actually sewn so far.










And the finished products! :) As I was sewing the skirt, I saw the extra material from her skirt, and got an idea for a shirt to match it, and was able to put both together in under 3 hours. :) Here's a back view:

And a front view. :) hehe, you can see the laptop and me on here in the background. lol And my cheese nips. :D



Now Moriah and Sarah are really hoping I can make shirts for them as well....I don't think I'll have enough left over fabric, but Mom may be willing to get some more....lol

Anyhow, that is what I have been working on today......I've also worked on two other projects, but the recipients of the items may possibly read this blog, so I can't post pictures! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, how cute! :D Thanks for sharing! It's so interesting to see whatcha been working on. :D I promise to post pictures of what I've been working on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't wait to see them! :D Glad you liked the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, you got some of that material! Isn't it the best thing since sliced bread? We saw some at Wal-Mart the other day, and were tempted to buy some, but I don't need a skirt... and it would be kind of hard to buy it without any money. :p

    ReplyDelete