Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Our tea party

This past Saturday (St. Patty's day), I hosted a surprise tea party for my sisters. I had been planning it for awhile, and last week while I was getting their gifts finished, and the "invitations" I was having a real hard time hiding everything from them. I was getting a little tired of having to act like I wasn't doing anything every time they came near me, so you can imagine how glad I was when Saturday came! lol When I woke up on Saturday, (that was the day I was the sickest) I almost decided against having the tea party, and just post-poning it until a different day, but eventually decided just to go ahead with it. Mom took some pictures of all of us, then we each took turns with the camera. I think if we voted, we would unanimously decide that Sarah was the best photographer, capturing our expressions at the most humorous moments. lol :) (you'll see what I mean in the pictures!!) Moriah and Sarah were being very goofy and noisy, since I had a headache I was alternating between giggling at them and crossly telling them to quiet down and be ladies (yeah right!!), and Karah just sat there like a little lady, sipping her tea, holding her hands in her lap, and occasionally shouting over Moriah and Sarah to try to have a "comberstation." :D I could go on and on, but I'll spare you and let you just look at the pictures instead. :)








The "table" set up in mine and Moriah's room. I had planned to have it out on the screened-in porch, but since Saturday turned out to be chilly and we were all battling colds I decided to have it indoors. We had a teddy bear tea party. :) (hey, you're never to old for teddy bears! lol)










A close-up view of the tea cups and glasses. Mom bought the set of tea cups a week or so ago, and I love them! :) The glasses we've had for a long time...I think they were a wedding present to my parents.....






The teddy bears sitting guard over the tea pot. :)





We four girls.....please ignore my bed which was covered in all our dresses and stuff....




The tired hostess. :)



Sarah......

Karah. :)

Moriah...

During the tea party..............

One of Sarah's shots.....I hate having my picture taken while I'm eating/drinking!

I'll do the rest in a second post. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oooohh, it looks like you had sooo much fun! :) Wish I had the time to do that! With you too!!! :) Well, if you do end up coming to see me this summer, we'll have to have a tea party. lol! Oh, my parents are nearly positive I can have a graduation party in July!! :) Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That would be wonderful!!! :D

    ReplyDelete